Dangerous Talk Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Blagojevich and the Real Corruption

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich is in trouble for trying to sell a U.S. Senate seat for cash or a lucrative, high paying job. And people are aghast at the corruption of the Illinois governor.

Okay, it's corrupt.

But that's small potatoes. It's only a million or two million bucks.

The real corruption is manifested in the hundreds of billions and trillions of dollars. The real bribery is in the $750 billion Wall Street bailout and the trillions spent on welfare and other government handouts. They are bribing us for our votes ... with our own money!

Or a portion of it, anyway.

They've got to keep a portion of it for themselves and their friends in Washington.

Rod Blagojevich's real crime, according to the other politicians, was thinking too small.



A little note on the side: I was asked at a Christmas Party who I voted for President, and I said that in Massachusetts there was no hope of swaying the electoral votes away from the Democrat, so I voted for someone I liked. I wrote in Ron Paul. But then I was asked, "But didn't you find McCain a little more palatable than Obama?" My reply: "That's a bit like sifting through a sewer and asking if one turd is a bit more palatable than another."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home